Skip to main content

Cinema4d - 3D Character

I first created a cube using the dimensions 400x100x200 and added segments 2x1x1. So I could see the segments I had to turn on 'Gourd Shading (lines)' which meant the separate polygons were visible. I right hand clicked on the object and when to 'make editable which means that I would be able to edit the object. 

Making the centre two points selected using the points section tool I dragged it down 50/60 centimetres. I rotated round so I could see the top faces. In the tool bar I selected the faces two and selected the top two faces to begin to add more polygons onto my object. Right clicking brings up a menu, I selected extrude. When using the the extrude tool you would think you just drag the mouse in the direction you want extruding. This is not the case, to extrude correctly you need to drag the object to the right hand side while still holding the mouse button. I first extruded above what I already had to the value of 100. Using point editing mode I also the used the rectangle selection tool. 
Workshop 4 - Character from Jade Holmes on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kandinsky's Experiment - Circle, Square, Triangle

Wassily Kandinsky, a student from Bauhaus, circulated a questionnaire trying to determine the universal response for the relationship between colour and form. The questionnaire consisted of three shapes, a triangle, square and circle, he recipient was then to colour each one with a different primary colour etc. Red, blue or yellow.  His questionnaire received a remarkable about of the same response. This may because those in the school had the same theoretical ideals. They believed that the triangle was yellow, square to be red, and the circle to be blue. This product influenced many projects in the early days of Bauhaus. They were also to give an explanation where possible.  I decided to do this myself deciding differently to the Kandinsky original consensus. I felt as if the triangle should be red as this is what most red warning sign are shaped and coloured like. The circle is to be yellow as it re...

Rob Lycett Workshop - Indesign Helvetic Document

For the Helvetic deconstruction class we  were to create a publication which would display the work. I worked in a group with four others. We decided to uses the previous piece of deconstructed helvetica which we made in a Theory as Practice Lesson to be able to piece together a sense. We chose to write 'Helvetica is a neutral well glyphed typeface, Created by ...  We all took a page to out together, I worked with James and put together the front cover, pages, 3/4 and the last two pages. 

Surrealism

According to the dictionary the definition of Surrealism is a 20th-century avant-garde movement in art and literature which sought to release the creative potential of the unconscious mind, for example by the irrational juxtaposition of images. Artist who are inspired by the surrealism movement look into the fine like between reality and the dream world. They use juxtaposing images to demonstrate this and create the weird and wonderful. The characteristics of surrealism are all based around the subconscious, they took a lot inspiration from Sigmund Freud's psychological theories on ego, superego and id.  Some famous examples of surrealism are:  René Magritte -  This is not a Pipe Magritte believed that art was not  reality but actual a representation of it. IN order to highlight this point he painted a piece called 'This is not a Pipe' the message being that although ye...