Skip to main content

AfterEffects - The Hand



I first began by drawing the same image of a ninja three times. Due to the terrible quality of the photographs of the images I wanted to animate I decided to use illustrator to image trace each individually to improve the quality. I would usually use a scanner but did not have access to a working one at the time.
When using my Mac at home I had an issue exporting jpegs from illustrator which would then work in AfterEffects. Although I could not figure out the reasoning I copied the ninjas over to photoshop and saved them as jpegs, which then worked in AfterEffects. 

It was key to import the three jpegs into AfterEffects at the same time, when more than one file was selected the option 'importer JPEG sequence' was given to me. This was mean the images would be imported as a sequence so therefore I ticked it. Once the file has been imported I need to go to the 'File' dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select 'Interpret Footage' 'Main...'

A pop up box would appear which the setting I needed to change 'Frame rate' to 25. It is usually set to 30 which is the American setting, so when animating I need to always to make sure to change this setting to twenty-five. I then needed to import a background, deciding on a paper, I used pixabay to chose a royalty free image. I also added the loop to cause the three images to repeat over the 10 seconds. 

I found I had two problems when I played the animation back. I was very jumpy and the ninjas still had the white background. The easiest problem to fix was the white background; using the toggles/mode button I changed it from normal to multiply, cause the white to disappear. To stop the jumpiness I went to the drop down menu by the of the composition and selected 'columns' 'Stretch' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kandinsky's Experiment - Circle, Square, Triangle

Wassily Kandinsky, a student from Bauhaus, circulated a questionnaire trying to determine the universal response for the relationship between colour and form. The questionnaire consisted of three shapes, a triangle, square and circle, he recipient was then to colour each one with a different primary colour etc. Red, blue or yellow.  His questionnaire received a remarkable about of the same response. This may because those in the school had the same theoretical ideals. They believed that the triangle was yellow, square to be red, and the circle to be blue. This product influenced many projects in the early days of Bauhaus. They were also to give an explanation where possible.  I decided to do this myself deciding differently to the Kandinsky original consensus. I felt as if the triangle should be red as this is what most red warning sign are shaped and coloured like. The circle is to be yellow as it re...

Rob Lycett Workshop - Indesign Helvetic Document

For the Helvetic deconstruction class we  were to create a publication which would display the work. I worked in a group with four others. We decided to uses the previous piece of deconstructed helvetica which we made in a Theory as Practice Lesson to be able to piece together a sense. We chose to write 'Helvetica is a neutral well glyphed typeface, Created by ...  We all took a page to out together, I worked with James and put together the front cover, pages, 3/4 and the last two pages. 

Surrealism

According to the dictionary the definition of Surrealism is a 20th-century avant-garde movement in art and literature which sought to release the creative potential of the unconscious mind, for example by the irrational juxtaposition of images. Artist who are inspired by the surrealism movement look into the fine like between reality and the dream world. They use juxtaposing images to demonstrate this and create the weird and wonderful. The characteristics of surrealism are all based around the subconscious, they took a lot inspiration from Sigmund Freud's psychological theories on ego, superego and id.  Some famous examples of surrealism are:  RenĂ© Magritte -  This is not a Pipe Magritte believed that art was not  reality but actual a representation of it. IN order to highlight this point he painted a piece called 'This is not a Pipe' the message being that although ye...